Tuesday, July 17, 2012

School Supplies?!

 

     I cannot believe that it is already time to start thinking about school again! Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love school supply time and am beyond thrilled that I finally have a child who is going into kindergarten and thus, actually has a school supply list. But, I wonder, as my oldest starts kindergarten and my youngest start preschool, how do we Mommy's cope? I am so completely conflicted! I am excited and ready for my girls to get school and experience all the amazing things that are available to them. On the other hand, my babies are growing up and despite a huge need for a little Mommy alone time each week, I cannot help but feel as if I am losing something. Do any of you feel the same way? Or do you still have little ones or maybe you are excited that your kiddos are growing up and moving on to this next stage?


     Kids need to socialize and through play, they are able to learn so much more and push their own boundaries. What about us Mommies? How do we find a way to play and push our own boundaries? For me, I am looking at starting a journey right along with my kids. One apart from my college classes, my husband, my beautiful daughters, and everything else I am doing not completely for me. I am starting a journey to expand my boundaries by getting healthier, losing this baby weight... since I don't technically have a baby any more and exploring new sides of me! Any suggestions on what I should do first? 


     I know this blog started as a school assignment, however, I am looking at this as a way to reach out to other Mom's who are experiencing what I am and maybe we can learn from each other. Help each other. And wind up healthier, happier, and a little more sane because of it!


Have an amazing night,
Danica

No comments:

Post a Comment